- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange rind
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tray ice cubes
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
1. Measure the vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil. In a sealable plastic container, combine the salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, orange juice, orange rind and mustard powder.
2. Pour the hot vinegar into the container, and stir to dissolve. Let stand for about 10 minutes to develop the flavors, then add the ice cubes. Cover and shake, or stir until melted. Remove the lid and add pork chops to the brine. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Cook pork chops as desired. Pan fry or grill for about 15 minutes over medium-high heat, turning once. They will be juicy and moist.
Remember you may never re-use the brine once it has touched raw meat.