- (4) 8 ounce salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Wash your salmon and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and garlic.
- Coat the salmon with the olive oil mixture and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to a medium heat.
- Oil your grill with vegetable oil. This can be accomplished by gently (do not use a lot of oil) brushing grates with oil.
- Gently place your fillets on the grill and add salt and pepper.
- Let the salmon cook for four to five minutes per side.
To flip your salmon, use a fish spatula or a regular spatula. Gently slide the spatula underneath the fish, making sure the entire fish is on the spatula before gently flipping the fish over. Touching or pressing on the fish during the cooking process will make the fish fall apart or cook unevenly, so it is best to leave the fish untouched as much as possible during the cooking process.
To liven up your salmon, you can always try marinating it overnight in an Asian dressing with a touch of brown sugar and whiskey, then grill it.
If you’re in the mood for a night out, come try one of our dinner menu specialties, Whiskey River Salmon.